Anarchy for Beginners ... A Primer for the Inevitable

If I had real balls...



2008-10-14


I'd end Karen at chapter seven and weather the complaints. I just read the post, since I'm here, and found the one missing word...repost! I hate that. I thought I proofed better.

Anyway, as I read the chapter, and the story "Karen" I got to the end of it and I was like, "That's the end!" The story doesn't have to go any further, the story is told with their dialogue on the bus. So, as I was editing my file for reposting, it was awfully tempting to put "The End" at the end, you know?

I think a lot of stories, too many, continue beyond the point of reason. Some of mine do, certainly, but I also think I'm pretty good about finding the end of a story. My instincts are good seven times out of thirteen, you know? But I think half the people reading "Karen" would be a little miffed if Karen and Kylie never had real sex in a faerie tale ending and that's too bad, because I'm not writing a faerie tale. I often do, of course, but not in this case.

What the hell am I trying to say? Only that I'm a big chicken. I was a little chicken before, wanting to avoid the ending that I had planned even before I had a beginning...But now, seeing the end of the story and being too much of a wimp to do what I should, I'm a real big chicken.

Funny the way that works. Continue or not, continue or not...whoooo I love life when it's hard. Unfortunately, this is just about as hard as it gets in my life. So let's set this issue aside before I get a pimple and do something else! Do not email me pro or con for ending the story, that's not what I'm asking for here. I'm not asking for anything, I'm just thinking aloud because it helps.

rache