Anarchy for Beginners ... A Primer for the Inevitable

Priss Notes



2008-10-21


Priss blog

Okay, I just now finished my edit for Priss after finishing the fifth and final chapter.

What to say? The last chapter gets a big dose symbolism with the journey back to the scene of the crime. I didn’t harp on that, but it should have been obvious. Tricia’s confusion when she enters Perry’s apartment should have been understandable. She knows she’s in love with him and she just needs to hear it. I tried to save the love word until the very end, but the confrontation and Tricia’s demand for the truth from Perry seemed appropriate and I couldn’t make the scene work without it.

This is a good story from a pacing and character/plot arc standpoint. It’s very direct with little wasted in between the first word and the last. It just goes and it builds and there’s a lot of introspection and self-examination in the earlier chapters so that by the time the last chapter comes around we can just listen to the dialogue and understand what’s underneath it.

At least I hope that was working for you.

Uhhhhh…Sex. I glossed over the sex at the end. We’ve scene it already and there was no reason to go into it again really. I wanted a clean chapter. This isn’t a stroke story, although I appreciate all the emails I got with suggestions for Priss to be used and abused and gang-banged and all kinds of nasty stuff…Wow! She was not a literal whore, of course, it was all symbolic. Her past was her past and she wasn’t ever going to have sex with anyone except Perry and Thomas. She was Perry’s whore and Thomas’ saint. Tricia didn’t belong to anyone else and Perry wasn’t going to share her, not even with Thomas if he could help it.

Hopefully it’s a story that lends itself to some effort on the reader’s part to understand and appreciate and find the little things that I left out or put in as the case may be. The confusion and inconsistancies were largely deliberate. And that’s about all I have to say about that. Any questions?

rache